1-Line VCO feature uses ntouch VP’s built-in audio hardware, you can make SVRS VCO calls using just your ntouch VP. You will not need to have a separate voice telephone for 1-Line VCO Calls.
To Turn On the Feature
- Select the Settings button to open the menu.
- Move to the Device button to display the screen.
- Move to the Audio button to display the screen.
- Select the Audio button to open the screen.
- Select the 1-Line VCO radio button.
- Select the OK button to exit the screen.
To Make a 1-Line VCO Call
- Dial your SVRS call at the Home screen.
- When the call is answered, the interpreter will see that you are making a VCO call. The interpreter will then call the hearing person.
- When connected, you can speak to the person you called using your own voice. The audio picked up by the microphone in ntouch VP’s Remote Camera Unit (RCU) will be sent with the video signal. The interpreter will sign the hearing person’s part of the conversation to you.
- If you do not want to use VCO for any call, just tell the interpreter that you do not want to make a VCO call. The interpreter will not connect the voice call. Instead, the interpreter will place a regular SVRS call to the hearing number you dialed.
Incoming call 1-Line VCO does not work
- Add the contact to your Phonebook with 1-Line VCO option enabled.
- Inform VI (Video Interpreter) to have 1-Line VCO enabled for the call.
The interpreter and hearing caller cannot hear me clearly
- Move closer to the microphone in the Remote Camera Unit to reduce noise distortion.
The voice was dropped in the middle of a call
- The VI will be able to reconnect the call.
You hear an echoing sound when using audio with ntouch VP
- Move RCU (Remote Camera Unit) device until the echoes stop.
If you are still having issues with 1-Line VCO, please call Technical Support at 801-287-9403 and give us this code: