1-Line VCO feature uses ntouch VP’s built-in audio hardware, you can make SVRS VCO calls using just your ntouch VP. You will not need to have a separate voice telephone for 1-Line VCO Calls.
To Turn On the Feature
- Start at the Home screen.
- Select Settings.
- Select Device.
- Select Audio.
- Select Use 1-Line VCO (Beta).
- Select OK.
To Make a 1-Line VCO Call
- Dial your SVRS call at the Home screen.
- When the call is answered, the video interpreter (VI) will see that you are making a VCO call. The VI will then call the hearing person.
- When connected, you can speak to the person you called using your own voice. The audio picked up by the microphone in ntouch VP’s Remote Camera Unit (RCU) will be sent with the video signal. The VI will sign the hearing person’s part of the conversation to you.
- If you do not want to use VCO for any call, just tell the VI that you do not want to make a VCO call. The VI will not connect the voice call. Instead, the VI will place a regular SVRS call to the hearing number you dialed.
Incoming call 1-Line VCO does not work
- Add the contact to your Phonebook with 1-Line VCO option enabled.
- Inform VI to have 1-Line VCO enabled for the call.
The interpreter and hearing caller cannot hear me clearly
- Move closer to the microphone in the Remote Camera Unit (Remote Camera Unit) to reduce noise distortion.
The voice was dropped in the middle of a call
- The VI will be able to reconnect the audio.
You hear an echoing sound when using audio with ntouch VP
- Move RCU device until the echoes stop.
If you are still having issues with the 1-Line VCO feature, please call Technical Support at 801-287-9403 and give us this code: