With the Group Call feature, you can talk to up to four other SVRS customers at once.
To Turn On the Feature
- When in an active call, press the OK key on the remote control to open the In-call options bar.
- Move to the Call button.
- Select the Call button to open the Call menu.
- You can choose to make a call from your Call History list, Favorites list, Phonebook Contacts list or dial a number using the on-screen keypad.
- Select the Call History button to open the dialog.
- Select a phone number (or name) from the list to dial a call.
- The new call is answered
- Press the OK key on the remote control to open the In-call options bar.
- Move to the Join button.
- Select the Join button to join the calls.
- As the calls are being joined, you will briefly see the message that group call is starting.
- After the calls are joined, you will see the received video images from both calls appear in the center of the screen.
- To add more calls to the Group Call, repeat Steps 1 through 10 above. You can add up to 2 other calls (for a total of 4 persons other than yourself) at one time. Everyone in the Group Call will see the same four images on their screens.
In-call Call Transfer, Share Text, and Flash features do not work during Group Call
- These features are disabled when a Group Call is active.
Non-Sorenson videophone is not able to join the Group Call
- The Group Call feature works with Sorenson endpoints only.
Sorenson VRS is not able to join the Group Call
- The Group Call feature does not work with Sorenson Video Relay Service (SVRS) calls.
If you are still having issues with Group Call, please call Technical Support at 801-287-9403 and provide this code: