The HDMI Pass-Through feature lets ntouch VP2 connect cable TV/satellite boxes, DVD/BD players or streaming devices to a TV display using the one HDMI-In port connected to the videophone. You can then use the ntouch VP2 remote control to easily switch between the ntouch VP2's image and the image coming from the external connected device.
- The “interlaced” 1080i resolution is not supported by ntouch VP2.
- The external device connected to ntouch VP2 must be able to generate a constant output signal of 720p/60, 1080p/60 or 1080p/24 (Blu-Ray movie) “progressive” resolution for the HDMI Pass-Through feature to work properly.
How do I switch from TV to VP?
- Press the Home button on the remote control to switch the display to VP.
I do not see the Switch to TV button on the Home screen
- Either there is no signal coming from the external device, or the signal that is being sent is not supported by ntouch VP2.
- Check to make sure your external device is set to output a constant 1080p or 720p resolution.
- Sometimes rebooting the external device will make Switch TV show up.
- Be aware that HD Satellite TV set-top boxes usually default to 1080i (the "interlaced" resolution), so they must be manually set to 720p in order to work with ntouch VP2 such as:
- DirecTV Boxes
- Time Warner Cisco Model 4742HDC
If you have any questions or issues with this feature, please contact Technical Support and provide this code: HPTDA.