The external device connected to ntouch VP2 must be able to generate a constant output signal of 720p/60, 1080p/60 or 1080p/24 (Blu-Ray movie) “progressive” resolution for the HDMI Pass-Through feature to work properly. The “interlaced” 1080i resolution is not supported by ntouch VP2.
After you have connected the external device to the ntouch VP2’s HDMI In port, you can switch back and forth between the videophone display and the external device display
How do I switch from TV to VP?
- Press the Home key on the remote control to switch the display to VP
I do not see the Switch to TV button on the Home screen
- Either there is no signal coming from the external device, or the signal that is being sent is not supported by ntouch VP2
- Check to make sure your external device is set to output a constant 1080p or 720p resolution
- Sometimes rebooting the external device will make Switch TV show up
- Be aware that HD Satellite TV set-top boxes usually default to 1080i (the "interlaced" resolution), so they must be manually set to 720p in order to work with ntouch VP2 such as:
- DirecTV Boxes
- Time Warner Cisco Model 4742HDC
If you have any questions or issues with this feature, please contact Technical Support and provide this code: HPTDA